This article shall explain all questions about the procedure of exemption from Work Permit and document for applying Work Permit for Managers, CEOs in companies and organizations in Vietnam. So what do you know about Work Permit for managers. Let’s find more information with Visa Oriental!
It is especially useful for companies requiring an explanation of the demand for recruiting foreign workers for positions of managers and CEOs.
Who are corporate managers?
According to the provisions of Clause 18, Article 4 of the Enterprise Law 2014, an enterprise manager is understood as a manager of a company and a manager of a private enterprise. Consists of:
- Owner of private enterprise, joint-venture member
- Chairman of the Council of member
- Member of the Council of member
- Chairman of the company
- Chairman of the Board of Management
- Member of Board of Management
- The Director or General Director and individuals holding other managerial positions have the authority to sign transactions on behalf of the company in accordance with the company’s charter.
Foreigners working at companies/enterprises in Vietnam as managers when applying for a work permit will include the following titles:
- Manager – Chairman of company/Chairman of the Council of member /Chairman of the Board of Management
- Manager – General Director
- Manager – Director
- Manager – Head of Representative Office
Document for applying Work Permit for managers
Before proceeding with the procedure for issuing a new Work Permit for managers, it is necessary to prepare the following documents:
- Confirmation of work experience at least 3 years of as a manager or CEOs with a term. Certificate of work experience of foreigners must be consular legalized and translated and notarized into Vietnamese.
- Approval of using foreign workers to work as managers and CEOs
- Certificate of Health Examination carried out in foreign country or certificate of health examination in Vietnam and examined after entering Vietnam. The validity of the Certificate of Health Examination for work permit is 12 months.
Reference: List of hospitals for medical examination in terms of applying for Work Permit
- Criminal Record of Vietnam (Criminal Record No. 1) or Criminal Record of foreign country is certified by consular authentication and notarized translated into Vietnamese with a term of no more than 6 months from the date of issue.
- 2 color photos: size 4cm x 6cm, bare head, front view, clear face, clear ears, no glasses, white background. Photos were taken not older than 6 months from the time of application.
- A copy of the passport or a valid document in lieu of a valid passport as prescribed by law. Enclosed with a Vietnam visa has enough time to make a work permit.
Note: If using documents issued by foreign countries (certification of work experience, criminal record, Certificate of Health Examination…), must be consular legalized and notarized translation into Vietnamese.
Visa Oriental Work Permit service for managers supports consular authentication and notarized translation of foreign documents. If you need assistance, please contact HOTLINE 094 150 6226.
Procedures of applying for Work Permit for foreign managers
Step 1. Submit document of applying for Approval to use foreign workers
Note: At least 30 days before the expected date of employment of foreign workers, the enterprise (except for contractors) shall send a report explaining the need to employ foreign workers to the approval agency.
Currently, due to the complicated development of the Covid-19 epidemic, the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs of the provinces/cities only accepts online applications, then waits for the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs to receive the application or refuse with a reason (if the application is refused). After receiving the approval result, send the original dossier to the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs and wait for the results to be returned by post.
Processing time: 10 working days, not including the time the system receives and the time to return results by post.
Step 2. Submit document for applying Work Permit for managers, CEOs
Submit work permit documents online through the online public service portal.
Processing time: 5 working days, not including the time the system receives and the time to return results by post.
Step 3. Receive result of Work Permit
When being informed that the result of Work Permit is obtained, the enterprise must send the original dossier to the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs and wait for the results to be returned by post.
Places for submitting document for applying Work Permit for Managers
In case the enterprise is located in an industrial park: the procedure for applying for a Work Permit for managers is carried out at the Provincial Management Board of Industrial Parks.
In case the enterprise is located outside the industrial zone: the procedure for applying for a work permit for foreigners is carried out at the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs of the province/city directly under the central government.
Are you looking for a prestigious service of applying for Work Permit for managers in Ho Chi Minh City? Please contact Visa Oriental immediately via HOTLINE 094 150 6226, our consulting team will enthusiastically support you.