The Koreans must apply for a temporary residence card to live and work legally in Vietnam. Conditions, documents and procedures for making temporary residence cards for Koreans will be fully summarized in this article. Let Visa Oriental show you more details!
Conditions for Koreans to be granted temporary residence cards in Vietnam
- Passport valid for at least 13 months.
- Register for temporary residence confirmation at the local commune or ward police station in accordance with regulations.
In each specific case, Koreans need to meet the following additional conditions:
- If working long-term in Vietnam (experts, managers, technical workers) and have been granted a work permit, the work permit must be valid for at least 1 year. In this case, a temporary residence card for Koreans with work permit need to be done.
- A written confirmation of work permit exemption from the foreign labor management agency is required if the work permit is exempted or is subject to not be granted work permit.
- Having a relative who is an employee or investor who has been granted a temporary residence card or is eligible for a temporary residence card in Vietnam.
- If you are an investor, you must have documents proving your capital contribution and investment in a business in Vietnam.
- If the spouse is Vietnamese, a certificate of marriage registration (in case of marriage registration in Vietnam) and a written marriage note (in case of marriage abroad) is required.
- If parents or grandparents are Vietnamese, there need documents to prove they are relatives such as forms to prove personal relationship, birth certificate.
Types of temporary residence cards for Koreans in Vietnam
To apply for temporary residence cards for Koreans in Vietnam, you should know about types of it:
Temporary residence card for work
- TRC LD1: issued to Koreans with confirmation of exemption from Vietnamese work permits.
- TRC LD2: issued to Koreans with work permits.
Temporary residence card for investment
- TRC DT1: for Korean investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with a capital contribution value of VND 100 billion or more or investing in industries and areas with investment incentives decided by the Government.
- TRC DT2: for Korean investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with a contributed capital of between VND 50 billion and under VND 100 billion or investing in industries that is encouraged to invest and decided by the Government.
- TRC DT3: for Korean investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with contributed capital from VND 3 billion to less than VND 50 billion.
Temporary residence card for visiting relatives
Temporary Residence Card for relatives is a temporary residence card for Koreans entering Vietnam when guaranteed by:
- The relatives are Korean working in Vietnam
- The spouse is a Vietnamese citizen. In this case, the Vietnamese citizen who is the sponsor will carry out procedures to apply for a temporary residence card for a Korean husband or a temporary residence card for a Korean wife.
In addition, Koreans can also apply for some other temporary residence cards for Koreans in Vietnam such as: lawyer’s temporary residence card, student’s temporary residence card, etc.
Term of temporary residence card issued for Koreans
Temporary residence cards for work and temporary residence cards for relatives of employees (symbols LD1, LD2, TT) are valid for a maximum of 2 years.
Temporary residence cards for investment (symbol DT1, DT2, DT3) and relatives of Korean investors are granted with a duration from 1 to 10 years depending on the amount of investment capital.
Temporary residence card issued to Koreans who have a spouse or parents, grandparents who are Vietnamese (symbol TT) with a duration from 1 to 5 years.
Document of applying for a temporary residence card for Koreans in Vietnam
Document of applying for a temporary residence card for Korean experts with a guarantor company
- Certificate of business registration or investment license.
- Form NA16 registration of seal samples and signatures of enterprises or organizations legal entities.
- Form NA6 Official letter requesting issuance of temporary residence card for Korean people.
- Form NA8 Application form for temporary residence card for Korean people.
- Original Korean passport with at least 12 months validity.
- 2 photos2x3 cm.
- Temporary residence confirmation from the local police station where Koreans temporarily reside or online temporary residence declaration form.
In each case, you need to prepare one of the following documents:
- For the application for temporary residence card for work LD1, LD2: Certified copy of work permit, exemption of work permit.
- For the application for temporary residence card for investment DT1, DT2, DT3: a certified true copy of the document certifying the fulfillment of the capital contribution obligation, the commitment to contribute capital according to the schedule, or an equivalent document.
- For application for temporary residence card to visit relatives for husband, wife, and children: notarized translation into Vietnamese of marriage certificate, birth certificate, family relationship certificate, etc.
Document of applying for a temporary residence card for Koreans who marry Vietnamese people
- Original passport and visa
- Form NA7 application for guarantee and issuance of temporary residence card for relatives
- Form NA8 application form for temporary residence card
- 2 photos 2×3 cm
- Household book of the guarantor
- National ID of the guarantor
- ertificate of marriage registration in Vietnam (copy of the original at a competent notary public office) or marriage note in Vietnam if the marriage is registered abroad.
In case the temporary residence cards for Koreans documents are issued in a foreign language, they must be consular legalized and notarized translated into Vietnamese.
Note in changing visa purposes for Koreans
When a spouse or child is holding a tourist, work, investment visa and wants to change to a temporary residence card to visit relatives, a decision on resignation or termination of work at the old workplace or an explanation of the reason for changing visa purpose must be done.